- RSS Channel Showcase 9956581
- RSS Channel Showcase 8593589
- RSS Channel Showcase 6543919
- RSS Channel Showcase 6087730
Articles on this Page
- 05/31/14--12:57: _Starcat’s Favorites...
- 06/07/14--11:45: _Why Are These Kids ...
- 06/14/14--12:32: _Starcat’s Favorites...
- 07/20/14--10:34: _Starcat’s Favorites...
- 08/01/14--07:05: _The Secret Worth of...
- 08/19/14--20:00: _Kid Interview Redux
- 08/30/14--10:39: _Starcat’s Favorites...
- 10/15/14--11:00: _How To Reclaim Your...
- 03/07/15--10:41: _Starcat’s Favorites...
- 05/26/15--18:59: _How to Encourage Li...
- 07/04/15--08:18: _Starcat’s Favorites...
- 08/26/15--12:19: _Caskets and Comfort...
- 09/30/15--12:49: _Patience & Persever...
- 10/17/15--08:52: _Starcat’s Favorites...
- 01/16/16--12:23: _Starcat’s Favorites...
- 02/27/16--17:44: _Starcat’s Favorites...
- 06/04/16--09:11: _Starcat’s Favorites...
- 02/11/17--06:30: _Starcat’s Favorites...
- 05/31/14--12:57: Starcat’s Favorites: Farewell to May
- 06/07/14--11:45: Why Are These Kids So Happy?
- 06/14/14--12:32: Starcat’s Favorites: Healthy Living
- 07/20/14--10:34: Starcat’s Favorites: The Heart of Summer
- 08/01/14--07:05: The Secret Worth of Boredom
- 08/19/14--20:00: Kid Interview Redux
- 08/30/14--10:39: Starcat’s Favorites: Processing
- 10/15/14--11:00: How To Reclaim Your Personal Power
- 03/07/15--10:41: Starcat’s Favorites: A Slow Transition
- 05/26/15--18:59: How to Encourage Lifelong Learning in Your Family (and Yourself)
- 07/04/15--08:18: Starcat’s Favorites: Freedom and Fun
- 08/26/15--12:19: Caskets and Comfort Zones
- 09/30/15--12:49: Patience & Perseverance – A Pep Talk
- 10/17/15--08:52: Starcat’s Favorites: Autumn’s Beauty
- 01/16/16--12:23: Starcat’s Favorites: Inner Enthusiasm
- 02/27/16--17:44: Starcat’s Favorites: Those Dark Nights
- 06/04/16--09:11: Starcat’s Favorites: All At Once
- 02/11/17--06:30: Starcat’s Favorites: Seeking Ideas
Happy weekend! Hard to believe that it’s the end of May already. How has your spring been going? Mine’s been a bit crazy, but I seem to be settling into the ramped-up energies of this time of year. This week … Continue reading
I love enjoying places where families on the free-learning path can meet one another, give and receive support, and share in the fun. I want to foster those spaces everywhere, and hang out with my tribe. Not just unschoolers, either, … Continue reading
…or my current best attempt at it, anyway, as I’m still learning. I’m doing yoga five times a week or more. I had a massage this week (thanks, Mom and Dad, for the gift card!). I’ve cut out refined sugar … Continue reading
Do you feel like summer is just zooming right by? Me too. What can we do to make summer linger a bit more? That’s simple. Make an effort to get outside and enjoy it. I know, you’re busy. Me too. … Continue reading
Do you ever get bored? How about your kids? You must have heard that mournful cry: “I’m booooooooooored!” Followed by you proposing an increasingly inventive list of options, none of which appeal to them one bit. Sigh. Boredom actually has … Continue reading
I’m not sure what made me remember this kid interview I did 3 years ago (interestingly, it was almost exactly 3 years ago). I had borrowed the idea from the Ordinary Life Magic blog. The idea is that your kids answer questions … Continue reading
Summer is winding down, and along with a tinge of sadness in the air, there’s the excitement of autumn energies. Harvest in the gardens, fresh homemade salsa and pesto, and time to dive back into the creative projects that have … Continue reading
Do you ever see pictures or posts from your classmates on Facebook and think, “really, that’s so-and-so?! But they’re just an ordinary person, like me!” Particularly the men and women who were once “the popular kids,” arbitrators of all things … Continue reading
March is here! Which is great, because it’s the month that contains the official start of Spring. And not-so-great, because it’s a month where I tend to struggle along. This particular seasonal transition seems to really leave me feeling “meh.” … Continue reading
This morning I was excitedly detailing in my journal the curriculum I have lined up for the rest of 2015. Nope, not for the kids – for myself. Nope, I’m not kidding or being sarcastic. I have a stack of … Continue reading
It’s Independence Day today in the U.S., where I live. Independence and freedom are words that get bandied about a lot, and getting into a political discussion really isn’t my thing. But I’ve noticed lately that I’ve been enjoying my … Continue reading
“A comfort zone is just another word for a casket.” – Quester Quester came up with that quote about seven years ago, when we were going through a lot of big changes in our lives. The biggest change was that … Continue reading
How is it possible that we’ve already reached the end of September? Is it just me, or has this entire month just flown right by? Also, is anyone else being tossed around by the waves of cosmic energies lately? (Check … Continue reading
I wanted to share an inspiring post with you today about my experience at the Life Without Instructions (LWI) unschooling conference in New Jersey. It will be full of photos of people of all ages enjoying their freedom and joy, … Continue reading
Last weekend I had the chance to go to Play Church, which is a new offering from the Play Nexus crew. Their playshops are full of energy, joy, expansion, and high vibes. After some pondering, I decided I wouldn’t go, … Continue reading
Although this winter has been much milder in terms of weather, I feel like I’ve really been in the deep, dark, depths the past couple of months. You know those infamous “dark nights of the soul?” Yeah, those are the … Continue reading
All at once, it’s summer in Maine. The weather is (for the most part) gorgeous. Schedules have changed, wedding and anniversary season is upon us, and the coaching course I’m in is wrapping up. As I write this, I’m also … Continue reading
Wow, how can it be February already? This has been a very wintry week here in frosty Maine. After a lull, we’ve been having snowstorms left and right. But hey, even though the days are growing longer, it’s still winter … Continue reading